Toontrack dfh SUPERIOR Vintage Addon Limited Edition DVD1 (1 dvd)
Superior Vintage Add on is a complement to dfh Superior or dfh Superior
Custom & Vintage. For use with Superior Drummer 1.5.4- Software not
included with this product.
* The content of SUPERIOR Vintage Add-on equals 20 Gb of uncompressed
* Some of the finest vintage built drums available.
* Recorded through an EMI TG desk at 2Khz Studios, London
* Play with sticks, brushes, felt mallets or rods
* Featuring Chris Whitten on drums (Paul McCartney, Dire Straits, Edie
* Featuring Grammy-winning producer and engineer Peter Henderson (Paul
McCartney, Supertramp, Rush)
* Ludwig and Gretsch drums, vintage Zildjian and Paiste cymbals.
Gretsch 'Round Badge' Kit (1960's)
* Bass drum - 14 x 22"
* Toms - 8 x 12", 9 x 13", 14 x 14" & 16 x 16" Sticks
* Toms - 8 x 12", 9 x 13", 14 x 14" & 16 x 16" Damped 70.s Sound, Sticks.
Ludwig 'Keystone' (1960's)
* Bass drum - 14 x 24"
* Toms - 9 x 13", 16 x 16" Sticks, Rods and Brushes.
* Ludwig Brass (1920's) 6.5 x 15" Sticks
* Ludwig Brass Supraphonic (1960's) 5.5 x 14" Sticks
* Slingerland Radio King 'Select' Nashville (1990's) 6.5 x 14" Sticks
* Slingerland Radio King 'Select' Nashville (1990's) 6.5 x 14" Damped,
Sticks, Brushes and Felt Mallets
* Gary Noonan 5 x 12" Solid Mahogany - Sticks
* WFL Maple 6.5 x 14" (1930's) - Sticks
* Ludwig Supraphonic Low tuning (1970's) 6.5 x 14" - Sticks.
* 13" Zildjian K Bottom/13" Zildjian A Custom Top, Sticks
* 15" Paiste Formula 602 Medium, Sticks and Brushes.
* 14" Paiste Sound Creation Dark 'Sound Edge' (1980's), sticks
* 16" Paiste Signature Fast Crash
* 18" Paiste Signature Fast Crash
* 17" Paiste Signature Fast Crash
* 22" Zildjian Swish Knocker - Sticks, Brushes and Felt Mallets.
* 20" A Zildjian Medium Thin Crash (1960's)
* 20" A Zildjian Medium Crash (1960's) - Sticks
* 22" Paiste Sound Creation Dark Flat Ride - Sticks, Brushes and Felt
* 24" Steve Hubback Cymbal Sculpture - Sticks and Felt Mallets.
* 20" Paiste Sound Creation 'Mellow' Ride
* 22" Paiste Sound Creation 'Dark' Ride - Sticks
On the recordings
Like Superior Custom and Vintage, Superior Vintage ADD-ON was recorded
at 2KHz Studios, London using an EMI TG Desk. 2KHz.s TG is an ex-Abbey
Road Mobile console (1964 design) with a 28 channel /16 track
configuration, with Germanium Transistor Mic/Pre's. During the Superior
Custom & Vintage sessions, the studio management let it be known the
EMI desk was to be replaced. We couldn.t let that pass without recording
one more session in that room with that desk - It was the last chance.
The resulting recordings make up Superior Vintage ADD-ON.
On the drums
Together with Custom & Vintage, this collection brings together many of
the drums being used by the world.s top studio drummers. Even though most
drummers endorse a single brand, widespread use of vintage and custom
built instruments is common in the studio scene.
The Ludwig Drum Company had no idea what was about to hit them in
the months following February 9th 1964, The Beatles U.S. television
appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. The band were a sensation and
almost overnight everyone wanted to own a set of Ludwig drums just
Gretsch Round Badge Drum Set
At the same time Ringo Starr was playing Ludwig drums, Charlie Watts
- his opposite number in The Rolling Stones - was playing Gretsch,
another classic American brand. The 'Round Badge' era of Gretsch drums
has been the choice of the most important jazz drummers in history and
still is among contemporary players. The Superior Vintage ADD-ON also
features Noonan, Slingerland and WFL snares and Steve Hubback Custom
Superior Vintage ADD-ON was engineered and produced by Grammy winning
producer Peter Henderson and played by world renowned session drummer
Superior Vintage Add-on was recorded at 2KHz Studios, London using an
EMI TG Desk. 2KHz.s TG is an ex-Abbey Road Mobile console (1964 design)
with a 28 channel /16 track configuration, with Germanium Transistor
Mic Pre's. The TG console was EMI's very first transistor design and
was used for many legendary recordings of the early seventies including
The Beatles' Abbey Road and Pink Floyds' Dark Side of the Moon. It is
considered one of the best sounding desks ever made. The drums were
recorded with a selection of vintage microphones by Neumann (including
valve U67.s on overheads and KM 56.s on toms), AKG and Sennheiser. As
an added feature one of the room microphones (a Neumann U87) was
processed with a Helios F760 compressor, the type found in early Helios
1970's consoles as used by Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones
and Apple Corps (The Beatles own studio).
Chris Whitten made a name for himself providing drums for the classic
hits 'What I Am' by Edie Brikell and The New Bohemians and 'The Whole
Of The Moon' by The Waterboys.
He cemented his place as one of the Worlds top drummers with two
critically acclaimed projects in the early 90's; Paul McCartney's
'Flowers In The Dirt' album and subsequent record breaking World tour,
and Dire Straits 18 month 'On Every Street' tour (1991-92). Chris has
also recorded with such varied artists as Tom Jones, Johnny Cash,
Julian Cope, World Party, The Pretenders and The The.
Peter Henderson started his career at Air Studios where he trained
exclusively with Beatles' recording engineer Geoff Emerick (Sgt.
Pepper, Abbey Road etc). Peter also worked on numerous sessions as
an in-house engineer with the legendary George Martin. As a freelance
producer/engineer he has worked in top studios all over the world and
co-produced Supertramp?s 20 million selling 'Breakfast In America',
for which he won a Grammy (Best Engineered Album). Peter has also
worked with Paul McCartney, Rush, Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, Tina Turner,
Ringo Starr and The Tubes.
8 Gb free disc space, DVD drive, Superior drummer 1.5.4 must be installed.
FileSize: 3.53 GB