Total Commander 7.50 Multilingual
Total Commander (former Wincmd) is a file manager for Windows
(TM) similar to the Windows Explorer. But Total Commander uses a
different approach: it has two fixed windows side by side like a
well-known file manager for DOS.
Here are some features of Total Commander...
* Both 32 bit and 16 bit versions available!
* Long filenames in Windows 95/98 and Windows NT (16 and 32-bit)
* Direct access to Network Neighbourhood
* Supports Drag & Drop with Explorer/the Desktop etc.
* Command line for starting of programs with parameters, simply
by typing the program name or by pressing CTRL+ENTER or
* Configurable button bar and Start menu (User-defined commands)
to place your frequently used DOS or Windows programs into a
drop-down menu. The actual directory and/or the file under the
cursor can be delivered to the application.
* Configurable main menu.
* Built in file viewer (Lister) to view files of ANY SIZE in hex,
binary or text format, using either the ASCII- (DOS) or the
ANSI- (Windows) character set. The line width and font size can
now be changed. You can even view files inside archives!
New: Support for Unicode UTF-8 format.
* Bitmap viewer in Lister, additional formats through Irfanview
* HTML- and Unicode-Viewer in Lister.
* Parallel port transfer function (direct cable connection),
works between Win95/98/NT/2000/3.1 and DOS!
* Thumnbails view shows preview images in file lists.
* Custom columns view allow to show additional file details.
* Multi-rename tool to rename many files with specific rules, or
by editing the names in a text editor
* Total Commander comes in the following languages: English,
German, French, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch,
Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, and now also
Hebrew, Greek, Afrikaans, Catalan, Turkish and Ukrainian!
* The help is available in English, German and French
* Extended copying, moving, renaming and deleting of entire trees
(Enables deleting "full" directories).
* Compare files by content, now with built-in text editor.
* Synchronize directories (with subdirs), or a directory with a
* Encode/Decode files in UUE, XXE and MIME format.
* Split/Combine big files.
* Search for duplicate files.
* Show/select files with specific search pattern, size, date or
* Restore selection as it was before the last file operation
* Enhanced search function with full text search in any files
across multiple drives, even inside archives.
* Multi-rename tool: Allows to rename multiple files in one step
* Overwrite dialog allows to show preview images and custom
* Work with Windows Vista user rights model (user account
* Built-in FTP client supports most public FTP servers, and some
* FTP and WWW proxies for FTP connections; new also SOCKS4+5.
* FXP: Send files directly from one remote server to another.
* Resume aborted downloads.
* Add files to download list (through context menu) and download
* Download in the background (separate thread).
* Secure FTP over SSL/TLS (Needs OpenSSL dlls)
* Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy
files to and from archives. The appropriate archiving program
is automatically called. pkzip, arj, lha, rar, ace and uc2 are
* Built-in ZIP-compatible packer, supports long filenames! This
packer is based on ZLIB by Info-Zip.
* Internal unpackers for ZIP, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ,CAB, RAR and ACE
* Additional packers can be added as plugins. See addons page.
* Pack large archives in the background (separate thread).
* Copy files directly from one archive to another.
New functions and fixes in Total Commander 7.50...
* Full Unicode support in most functions where it is possible,
including FTP, ZIP packer, and plugin interfaces.
* Support for file names longer than 259 characters (up to 1022)
in most file operations.
* Compare by content allows to compare text files of different
type, e.g. ANSI and UTF-8.
* The current directory above the file lists can act as a
clickable bar ("breadcrumb bar").
* Option to show *.bar file in button bar as a popup menu instead
of switching bars.
* Show icons and subfolders in ftp connection dialog.
* Protect the stored ftp passwords with a master password using
* FTP, PORT mode: Allow to specify external IP address of the
* Start Lister, compare by content or synchronize dirs directly
via command line parameters.
* Comments (Ctrl+Z) can now have a max. length of 4095
characters, and support line breaks.
* Synchronize dirs: Option to synchronize also empty directories,
option to copy just specific file properties (like the time).
* Create CRC checksums now also supports the SHA1 hash format.
* Allow to use the Windows key for user-defined hotkeys.
* On 64-bit Windows, allow to use 64-bit shell extensions in
local menu (context menu).
* New internal command cm_SwitchX64Redirection to turn
redirection of system32 dir under 64-bit Windows on/off.
* Internal unpacking of multi-part RAR archives, and RAR archives
where the file names are encrypted.
* Copy files/directories to multiple target directories (or lnk
files pointing to directories) in one operation.
* Quick search with search dialog: Show button which allows to
show only files/dirs matching the filter.
* Switch character encodings in Lister.
* New internal association system, e.g. for using Total Commander
from an USB stick.
* See history.txt for all additions and fixes.
FileSize: 3.57 MB